Ultra Paws Wound Boot
The Wound Boot is a breathable boot with elastic sides to cover a bandage or cast if needed. It protects the wound area while healing and restricts licking or chewing at wounds.
- Breathable to allow air to freely flow in and around the wound area – reducing moisture and keeping the wound area dryer and cooler.
- The boot is designed to be breathable, not waterproof. If the dog goes outdoors in wet conditions, consider taping a plastic bag over the boot to prevent moisture from penetrating the boot.
- Improves healing
- Helps prevent infection
- The sole is a non-skid PVC material which provides traction indoors and limited use outdoors. (Other Ultra Paws boots are intended for broader use outdoors)
- Spandex sides allow for a range of healing stages – expands to cover bandage or cast and reduces when bandage is removed for continual healing protection.
- Wide top expands to slip dog’s paw into the boot.
- Interior foam pads help keep the boot securely in place and provide comfort.
- Two generous Velcro straps with closures at the front and back
- Restricts licking or chewing at wounds
Sizing without bandage:
|Boot Size||Paw Width||Price|
1 1/4 ” (3.8 cm)
1 3/4″ (4.5 cm)
2 3/4“(7 cm)
3 1/4” (8.3 cm)
4″ (10.2 cm)
How To Measure For Your New Boots
To measure the width of your dog’s foot, place the FRONT foot (tends to be wider than the back) on a piece of paper and press down on the top of the foot, mimicking how the foot spreads when the dog’s walking.
Mark the left and the right side of the foot on the paper and measure the distance between the marks. Compare this to the boot sizes. The width of the foot should be smaller than the boot size. For example, if the foot width is 1 1/2 inches, order an XXSmall at 1 3/4 inches.
Note: When trying on a boot for the first time, please put a sock on the animal’s foot as boots returned with hair on them cannot be resold for full value and will be subject to a restocking charge.
Andrew Phillips, Owner
Handicapped Pets Canada
Pet Access Solutions